A Taste of Camp From Jenny’s Kitchen!
We’ve introduced our new full-time camp person, Jenny. Not only is she a super-cool CTT alumna, she’s also an amazing baker. We really like having her in the camp winter office! 🙂 Here are two of Jenny’s recipes which we can vouch for. They’re both AMAZING.
(Courtesy of “What’s cooking, love?“)
9 graham crackers, crushed
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups light brown sugar, packed
1 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup Hershey Bar pieces, chopped
2 Hershey Bars, snapped into the pre-made pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Take the crushed graham crackers and mix with the 1/4 cup melted butter in a 9×13 pan. Press the crust into the bottom of the pan.
3. In a medium sized bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined.
4. In a separate large bowl beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Then slowly beat in the flour mixture until all combined. Then stir in 3/4 cup mini marshmallows and 1/2 cup of chopped Hershey Bar pieces.
5. Spread the batter evenly on top of the graham cracker crust. Then place the remaining 1/2 cup mini marshmallows and 2 Hershey Bars worth of pieces on top of the batter.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Makes 12 larger bars, but they can be cut into smaller pieces. Store in an airtight container.
(Courtesy of “The Girl Who Ate Everything”)
11 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
(optional) 1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 ½ cups flour
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
3 regular sized Hershey’s bars, broken into pieces
1-2 packages graham crackers, broken into squares
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon to combine. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter with white and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
3. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixer and combine on low speed.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Chill dough in refrigerator for 1 hour to overnight.
5. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line any sized baking pans with parchment paper.
6. Lay out graham crackers side by side on the pans as close as possible (they should be touching). I used 16 graham cracker squares on one pan and 10 squares on another. You may have to add or remove graham crackers according to how much dough you have. If you want your cookies thicker you will use more dough and less graham crackers.
7. Place tablespoons of dough on graham crackers about 1 – 1 ½ inches apart. I averaged about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough per graham cracker square. Press down slightly with fingertips.
8. Bake for 5 minutes then remove from oven to press Hershey’s bar pieces on to the top. You can place as many pieces or as little as you want depending how much chocolate flavor you want.
9. Bake for an additional 5 – 7 minutes or more if your cookies are thicker. They will be done when the edges begin to turn golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. For clean cutting make sure cookies are completely cool and cut with a sharp knife. Yields 3 dozen cookies.